wedding dress, how i love thee.

I am linking up to Kelly's Korner today for her Show Us Your Life-Wedding Dress feature. So exciting, because once that big day is over, no one cares about your wedding anymore, and certainly not about your dress. But when you spent so much time trying on dress after dress, seeking out that perfect one to represent you as a person and to complement your figure, you grow slightly (manically) attached to the thing, ok? One day is not enough to truly feel you've gotten your money's worth, if you ask me. Maybe I should just get it out from time to time and put it on. (I know what you're thinking; you're thinking I'm not always going to fit into that dress. But guess what? It's got a drawstring/corset back. So THERE, sucka.)

Anyway, enough of me trying to be witty. On with the dress!



This isn't the best picture, but it shows the full-length dress.



This is when I first tried on the dress that would become MINE!


As you'll notice, my hair grew EXTREMELY fast between December and June. Either that, or I got hair extensions. I can't remember which. ;)


I absolutely loved the veil with the multiple layers edged with piping. I ended up buying a much cheaper version of this one.


The dress came with this ribbon in a pretty shade of green, but it works more for a fall wedding and didn't match my colors at all, so it had to go.

Happy Wedding Day!

The minister is late? Really? And you're telling me this because...


The happy couple, relieved to be married and done with it! =)
Thanks to Kelly for this great idea! Fun to relive that wonderful day just after our 1st anniversary!

7 comments:

Delightful Dwelling said...

Your dress was gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful gown and terrific photos.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Your dress was gorgeous. I enjoyed my visit to your blog...Hope you will visit me...I have a fun post up today with two giveaways on Monday.

Sarah said...

Your dress looks like it was made just for you. It fit you perfectly - beautiful day!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful bride!!! I LOVE reading Kelly's Korner too!!!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Beautiful dress! Mine came with a huge sash, but I opted for the smaller one that I wore.

Claire said...

Gorgeous dress!

Cxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin