thrifty-nifty tuesday.


The good news is that I finally made myself get off the couch and step away from the laptop and (drumroll please...) LEFT THE HOUSE TODAY.

I know; it's overwhelming, isn't it? Yes, this is one of the hazards of being a teacher who is off for the summer and has no children to wake me up at a decent hour and make sure I am kept busy all day. There is no keeping busy for me these days, especially now that my play is over (until I start the next one in 3 weeks, haha).

OK, the bad news; sorry I got carried away. The bad news is that, somehow, despite all attempts toward the contrary, whenever I leave the house, I end up spending money. Yes, bad news for the bank account.

Anywho, today was a great thrifting day for Gayla. Yes, I am speaking of myself in the 3rd person. It's a hobby that is highly underrated, if you ask me. It's kind of like (in my opinion) the "that's what your mom said last night" joke; it never gets old. So there you go.

I visited ye old Goodwill in Richardson/Plano area today--it's on Midway for those of you DFW's (D.F. Dubs) out there. This is the best Goodwill I've ever been to! It was HUGE, and as I checked out the cashier said to me, "wow, you got a little bit of everything, huh?" to which I happily replied that yes, I did. *Grin.* Have I mentioned how much I love thrifting? It's the best retail therapy ever, frankly. Granted, I did spend some money, but if I consider all that I got for that money, I definitely outdid myself in the great deals department. I even picked up a tight mini-skirt with leopard print to use as a costume piece in Little Shop (the next play I'm doing). Holla.

On another note, I have about 18 projects I'm currently in the middle of, and I can't wait to finish them up so I can share them on here!

Just got back from an evening walk with the husband, and of course I got bit despite spraying myself like crazy with Off! and wearing my anti-mosquito bracelet (yes, there are such things). Ah well, could have been much worse.

I will be posting pictures of my thrifty finds as soon as I can get all the pictures uploaded and of projects as I finish them! Yay, hubby is drilling some holes for me as I type this!

Hmm...I am trying my hand at this whole adding a scripted signature to my blog thing, and it does not appear to be working out the way I envisioned it. Ah well. I'll give it another try later. Or tomorrow...or something.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin