Some thrifty treasures i've found recently!

Thanks to Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for hosting this link party. Check out her post here to see other bloggers' thrifty treasures!
Link
I've had this little table for several years, but it used to be a light sky blue color. It had faded so much, I decided to paint it. Rustoleum's Heirloom White--love it (thanks Kate)!


I got 2 of these wall sconce/candle holders for about 6 bucks. They were a decent creamish color, but I wanted them for the living room, so I painted them a chocolate brown color. I'll post a picture once I get them hung where I want them. =)


Candlesticks for 49 cents each:


A new holder for my pretties:

I think this candlestick was maybe 2 or 3 bucks:


49 cents:


You can't tell, but this started off a forest green color; not real sure about that, so of course I painted it!


I got two of these plates at Goodwill for 79 cents each. Not only are they the EXACT color of our avocado accent wall in the living room, but they even have a flower imprinted on them, which matches the pillows on our sofa!



Bench given to us by my in-laws. I plan to recover this with a fun fabric, but I don't have a sewing machine or know how to sew. Could be tricky.



Candlesticks: can't remember the price, but they were cheap.




Some glass goodies. I love the jars with the lids that snap shut like that. I have several now!






Next post I'll show you my piano bench, recovered to match the living room--yay!

8 comments:

Christine said...

I need to go thirft store hoping with you, I never have any luck! I would love to help with the sewing project, but it might be above my sewing skills!

Signing Out said...

Wow, you have some great stuff there! Can't wait to see the bench when you finish it.

Jane

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did get some good deals. Is there a way to cover the cushion (using a staple gun) while still attached to the bench?
Glenda

Sue said...

Is the cushion attached to a wood backer board or does it sit loosely on top?

cristina said...

Wow, you thrifted a lot! I like the shell for assorted bling and lovely things; the green plates and the jars.

The bench is amazing - I had a go at reupsoltering a chair with a staple gun and no sewing - and it looks pretty good. It can be done.

PS: How are you enjoying
Marian keys Watermelon? I'm addicted to her, I just finished reading last Chance Saloon - wonderful! Drop by and visit at www.fortheloveofthrift.blogspot.com

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Wow you found a lot of GREAT finds! I love the little flower table. I’ve never seen anything like it. The wall sconces are great too; can’t beat that price. I been on a glass jar kick lately as well. I didn’t find any this week but added a few to my collection last week.

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training

Marie said...

Hello Gayla - woohoo! You really scored some fabulous things. I especially love that bench. I see some fun fabric on there! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

★Carol★ said...

I love that little flower table! How cute is that?! That bench is great too, and I like that wall art above it too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin